If you decide to file for divorce in Renville County, Minnesota, your experience will depend entirely on the type of marriage dissolution you are going to have and the way you choose to approach it.The simplest option would be filing for uncontested divorce, and using an online service to do it.
Options for Filing in Renville County, Minnesota
$12,000-$30,000 for each spouse.
Hard to predict. Usually around 1 year.
The shortest one that divorce laws in Minnesota allow.
A few months on average.
When choosing which Renville County divorce papers to file, it is important to consider every aspect of your case. Having children or different types of assets and debts will significantly change the set of documents you will be required to submit. You will find some of the common divorce forms required to file in Renville County, Minnesota, below.
***Note that these forms are an example of the documents that you will be required to fill out. In general, the court will oblige you to file more than 15 divorce forms depending on the complexity of your case.***
Couples who cannot reach an agreement on financial, property, and child-related aspects of their divorce will have to file for contested marriage dissolution. The only way they can end their marriage is by hiring lawyers and paying them huge sums for advocating on their behalf.
Those who are in agreement, can file for uncontested divorce in Renville County, Minnesota, either with or without a lawyer. Those who do not want to hire an attorney can save both time and money by getting online divorce in Minnesota.
Pros of ordering with OnlineDivorcer:
- Affordable prices
- 100% court approval guarantee
- Free filing instructions
- Full package of documents
- Expedited service
- Up-to-date forms
- Flat fee regardless of the number of children
Divorce Courts in Renville County, Minnesota
Renville County District Court
Susan T. Stahl / Sara Folsted
500 East DePue, Olivia, Minnesota 56277
Free surface lot and on-street parking available.
If some of the information seems unclear, it might be necessary to contact the Renville County court clerk. You might want to consider asking about:
- Any additional forms that might be required specifically by this court.
- Filing fees and other court-related expenses that you might have to cover.
- Recent changes or updates that have not yet been reflected on their website.
While court clerks cannot provide legal advice, they can be very helpful when it comes to factual questions about court procedures and processes.
Renville County Notaries
Comparing fees, locations, and availability of notaries in Renville County, Minnesota, as well as how well they answered your questions will help you make an informed decision and choose the most suitable notary for your situation. Here is the list of county notaries in the area:
Mary Jensen Notary Public
Phone: 763-645-9913 · Cell: 763-645-9913
Phone: 507-870-5102 · Cell: 507-828-4596
- Before settling on a specific notary in Renville County, consider contacting them to inquire about the price of their services and ask if any additional documents are needed
- Fill out all the necessary fields in the forms beforehand. You will not be able to change or add new information to the papers after they are notarized.
- Sign the documents in front of a notary public. As notaries have legal liability to confirm the validity of your signature, you can put it down on the form only in their presence.
- Bring an ID or a driver’s license for verification purposes. Make sure that the form of identification you are carrying has your signature on it so thata notary can compare it with the one you are going to put on the paperwork.
Child Support Services
Please note that this section will only be useful for spouses filing for divorce with children in Minnesota.
Feel free to use the link provided on the page to review information regarding Minnesota child support guidelines and payments. You are also welcome to use the contact information of the child support division if you have any specific inquiries. Before making a call, please note that you will find answers to the most common questions on their website, no matter if you are the one who will be receiving or paying child support in Renville County.
County name: Ramsey County
Address: Minnesota Department of Human Services
Child Support Division
P.O. Box 64946
St. Paul, MN 55164-0946